Being a parent isn't easy. From the ear-splitting temper tantrums of the terrible twos to the heart-stopping antics of elder siblings who should know better, sometimes the family home can feel more like a psychological battleground with a masterful manipulator of your emotions!
One thing is for sure: a child's life is one of exploration, discovery, and wonder. But between those wondrous moments, even the most cautious of children will suffer the consequences of their youthful trial and error.
As a parent, it's hard to say "no" to an eager little face that you love – and it only gets harder when resisting your natural, hard-wired impulse to rush in and save them from their terrible decisions.
Does this make you a bad parent? Of course not: you are, like your children, a human trying to make sense of the world – and you alone have the power and responsibility to show them the best path forward.
But Just Where Do You Draw the Line Between Liberty and Discipline?
How Parents Can Raise Resilient Children is a new, step-by-step guide that shows parents how to navigate the precarious tightrope of raising independent, resilient, and honest children.
Taking inspiration from some of the latest research in child development studies, Frank Dixon lifts the lid on just why kids will be kids and how parents can build an empathic, nourishing, and stable relationship with their children based on empowering behavior mentorship.
Building on a foundation of 7 'C's – competence, confidence, connection, character, contribution, coping, and control – Dixon offers an easy-to-follow strategy that frazzled parents can immediately put into action.
Childish Mistakes Are the Building Blocks of Adult Success
How Parents Can Raise Resilient Children reveals seven core areas of parenting where you can act as a role model when dealing with setbacks and upsets. Through exploring these 7 'C's with examples, this book acts as a handbook for resilience parenting.
With its easy-to-understand style, this guide offers step-by-step guidance to show parents how they can effectively:
- Foster the brilliant imagination of the young mind with strategic use of praise and providing resources to enable the development of innate skills and talents
- Understand the way the human brain is wired in childhood – and how to discipline mistakes with empathy and understanding rather than punishment
- Nourish and grow your relationship with your child as a trusted supporter and advisor through childhood and adulthood, empowering both sides with love
- Demonstrate desired behaviors when faced with hardships through your own actions and thought processes to give your child a powerful emotional toolkit
- Know when to intervene and how to intervene when mistakes and failures happen – and how to turn any situation into a powerful learning moment
- Make friends and develop strong bonds with peers with an ability to lead and influence through their character
- Develop an optimistic, cheerful approach to life where failure isn't a disaster but merely a challenge that can be resolved with creative problem-solving
Life has never been fair. As a parent, your goal is to proudly guide and watch as your baby grows and develops into a resilient and stable adult, emotionally equipped to handle life's vicious slings and arrows.
Buy on Amazon
The titles within the Best Parenting Books cover a range of skills on specific and important topics that are “easy to digest” and implement. In there I place many useful resources that are beneficial to any type of parent or family member.
You’re on a journey to becoming a more successful parent, and part of that is exploring different paths to find which approach best resonates with you— or to choose the perfect combination for you and your child.
My straightforward approach is designed to help you understand child behavior, backing up that knowledge with research, and teaching you some actionable strategies you can use every day.
This is exactly what I used to do with parents like you in one-on-one sessions. Transforming those experiences into tried and true print means between my pages you’ll find yourself on the way to raising a happy, healthy, independent, strong and resilient child— who’ll grow into a successful adult.
My own childhood was engrained with turmoil which left me a past filled with its share of guilt, shame, depression, low self esteem, and anxiety. It often made me feel trapped, and is what set me on my professional course to helping parents find direction.
Putting my insight, strategies, and experience into the written word extends my reach farther than a limited number of face-to-face sessions ever could. Since then I’ve published several books on the subject, with more on the way.
Together I hope we’ll be able to pass on positive parenting onto future generations to come.
I was compensated via Fiverr for sharing this post. I only share those books that I feel will be of interest to my readers.